From the manufacturer
The Zoom R8 Multitrack Recorder
Recorder : Sampler : Interface : Controller
The compact and versatile R8 is a great choice for home recordists and road warriors alike. Not only is it a full-featured 8-track recorder with physical faders, it’s a pad sampler, a rhythm machine, and a loop-based sequencer, too-plus it can serve as a DAW control surface and audio interface. Advanced features include built-in stereo condenser microphones, dual mic/line/instrument inputs, and over 140 onboard DSP effects.
- 8-track playback, 2-track simultaneous recording to SD cards up to 32 GB
- Dual mic/line/instrument level inputs on XLR/TRS combo connectors and built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Dual balanced output jacks and headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Over 140 onboard effects, as well as a built-in metronome, chromatic tuner, and variable playback speed with or without pitch change
- Full control surface functionality (Mackie Control emulation), plus mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and other DAWs
- Operates off AA batteries or power adapter
If you use DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software but hate mixing with a mouse, the R8 provides the perfect solution. It can act as a full-featured control surface for popular DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and GarageBand, adding real faders and transport/status buttons that streamline the process of creating the perfect mix.
Multitrack recording has never been easier
The R8 provides eight tracks for recording and playback in full fidelity WAV format, making it ideal for both professional production and for use as a musical sketchpad. Battery operation allows for field recording and enables you to capture your ideas quickly. You can connect external microphones, instruments, or line-level sources directly to the R8, or use the built-in stereo mic pair for minimal setup. When your multitrack recording is complete, you can use the R8’s internal mixer, complete with physical faders, equalization, panning, and built-in effects-including amp models and mastering effects like multi-band compression-to create a stereo mix with studio-quality sound.